I cooked a full Ethiopian style dinner on Sunday. I made about 5 different dishes, including the fermented flat bread and buttermilk curds. I didn’t do any recipe tutorials because i was busy “burning” in the kitchen. LOL!
Some of the dishes i made were;
- Messer wat (red lentil stew)
- Doro wat (red lentils with chicken)
- Gomen (stewed and sauteed collard greens)
- Atakilt (carrots and potatoes cooked with onions and spices)
- Salata (romaine lettuce, tomato, hot pepper with lemon dressing)
- Buttermilk curds (buttermilk separated from whey and seasoned)
- Injera (cooked fermented flat bread)
It was so good. We ate for 2 days. My children loved it and ate seconds and thirds, hubby raved about it and i surprised myself that i could even cook it.
Here’s a quick video of what i cooked. Hopefully i’ll be able to do a tutorial on a few of the dishes in the future.